The Town of Swan River is seeking a Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to lead and manage the administration of the municipality. Reporting to Mayor and Council, you will be responsible for the overall administration of the municipality, along with leading the senior management team, and managing the municipality’s human resources.
Nestled in the Swan River Valley, Swan River is a picturesque area located between the Duck Mountains and the Porcupine Provincial Forest. Enjoy fishing, beaches, hiking trails, water-skiing and sailboarding or downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobile trails and ice fishing. The town boasts rodeo action at the Northwest Round-up held at the end of July. Swan River Valley was recognized as the 1998 Forestry Capital of Canada.
As Chief Administrative Officer you possess exceptional leadership skills, strong business and political acumen, and will be the principal advisor to Council. You will be responsible for ensuring Council is provided accurate and timely information and recommendations on which to base their decisions. You will also oversee the efficient implementation and delivery of approved programs and services to residents, businesses and ratepayers of Swan River.
The successful candidate will be a strong and effective leader with well developed management skills and a collaborative, open, honest and direct interpersonal style.
• Plan, direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities required to achieve the goals of Council;
• Provide leadership to senior management and all municipal staff;
• Prepare and present reports and recommendations to Council;
• Oversee the preparation of policies and by-laws;
• Provide leadership in the annual financial plan preparation process;
• Recommend new initiatives, program policies and plans for Council discussion and approval;
Education & Experience:
• Post-secondary university education in business administration, public administration or a related discipline;
• 5+ years of senior management experience in a business or related environment
• A working knowledge of municipal administration and human resource management would be considered an asset;
• Proven track record managing a multi-disciplinary private or public sector organization.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Matt Erhard at Summit Search Group at the contacts noted below.