The Municipality of Bifrost-Riverton is located in the Interlake Region 100 km north of Winnipeg with a population of 3,378 and an area of approx. 635 square miles. The municipal office is located in the Town of Arborg. Bifrost-Riverton was incorporated in 2015 following the amalgamation of the former RM of Bifrost and Village of Riverton.
Under the general direction of Council, the CAO is responsible for the overall management of the operations of the Municipality. This includes administration, accounting, and supervision of staff, as well as planning and co-ordinating day-to-day activities to implement long range plans and achieve the objectives approved by council.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
– Strong administration and human resource management skills.
– Provide responsible financial planning and management of a budget of over $5.7 million.
– Ability to communicate effectively and foster positive relationships with the public, employees and external stakeholders.
– Ability to research, interpret and administer agreements, statutes and by-laws.
– Computer experience with Microsoft Office and learning specialized accounting software would be an asset.
– Graduate of, or enrolled in, the Manitoba Municipal Administration Certificate program or equivalent program.
– Minimum of three years of direct experience in municipal administration.
Salary range is dependent on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits program is provided.
Applications may be reviewed as early as February 5, 2020; however the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume with three references.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reeve & Council
Municipality of Bifrost-Riverton
P.O. Box 70,
Arborg, MB, R0C 0A0
Application Deadline: Open until filled