You are an accomplished professional municipal administrator who enjoys a dynamic environment and thrives on complexity and challenges. You bring calm reason, sound rationale and thorough research in support of your recommendations and are comfortable in dialogue and discussions with Council and ratepayers about the impacts and implications for the Municipality.
Council of the Town of Arborg is seeking a Chief Administrative Officer, due to an upcoming retirement.
The Town of Arborg, with a population of 1,232, is located in Manitoba’s Interlake.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Computer experience with Microsoft Office; Munisoft accounting software knowledge would be an asset
• Above average communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to manage and direct employees of the municipality including those in Public Works
• Ability to develop, interpret and administer agreements, statutes and by-laws
• Ability to see situations from a broad perspective and provide creative alternatives
• Keen interest in Economic Development
• Graduate of the Manitoba Municipal Administration Certificate Program or equivalent program
• Minimum of three years of direct experience in municipal administration
Key responsibilities of the position include:
• Lead the development of a long-range plan for the operation and continued success of the Municipality
• Plan, direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities required to implement the plan and achieve the goals and objectives approved by Council
• Recommend new initiatives, programs, policies, and plans for Council to consider.
• Develop and implement a process for preparation of annual capital and operating budgets
• Develop positive relationships and maintain open communication with all stakeholders and constituencies of interest to the municipality
• Provide responsible financial planning and management of a budget of over $3 million
Salary range is dependent upon qualifications and experience. A benefits package is also provided.
Applications may be reviewed as early as December 11th, 2019, however the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Mayor & Council, Town of Arborg
PO Box 159
Arborg MB R0C 0A0
Application Deadline: Open until filled