CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Located in the Province of Manitoba, the R.M. of Riding Mountain West incorporated on January 1, 2015 via the amalgamation of the R.M. of Shellmouth-Boulton and the R.M. of Silver Creek.
The R.M. of Riding Mountain West has a population base of approximately 1400 (plus a large seasonal population) and spans 1500 kms with a primary office located in Inglis, Manitoba and a satellite office in Angusville, Manitoba.
Under the direction of Council, the CAO is responsible for the overall management of municipal operations ensuring all resolutions and by-laws of Council are carried out efficiently and effectively. Duties include administration, supervision of staff, provide updates and recommendations to Council and executing plans and programs and maintain compliance to the Manitoba Municipal Act.
The responsibilities of the CAO require a high level of professional expertise, education, specific training and relevant work experience to include:
– graduate of the Manitoba Certificate Program for Municipal Administration or willingness to enroll
– 3-5 years of direct experience in municipal administration as a Municipal Administrator or Senior Manager
– strong computer skills, knowledge of Munisoft, Word and Excel
– ability to communicate effectively with the public, employees and external stakeholders
– in-depth knowledge of municipal operations, administration, financials including PSAB and GAAP requirements
– knowledge of Municipal and other Provincial/Federal legislation
Salary & Compensation
– Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience
– An attractive benefit package is provided
The position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.