The Council of the Rural Municipality of Oakview, with the support of Way To Go Consulting Inc., is seeking a Chief Administrative Officer due to an upcoming retirement.
The Rural Municipality of Oakview is located in southwest Manitoba, with a population of 1,626. Oakview has an office in Oak River with a satellite office in Rapid City.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
– Direct the general administrative affairs of the municipality and perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with The Municipal Act
– Recommend objectives, policies and programs to Council and provide support and advice on new initiatives and fiscal matters
– Direct the implementation and monitor the progress of policies and programs approved by Council
– Develop and implement a process for preparation of annual capital and operating budgets
– Provide responsible financial planning and management of a budget of over $4.7 million
– Develop positive relationships and maintain open communication with all stakeholders and constituencies of interest to the Municipality
Ideally, you will possess technical skills and experience in municipal administration, financial management and human resource management. Strong communication, analytical and leadership skills are just some of the requirements of the position. Candidates who have post-secondary education in a relevant discipline bring an educational advantage to the position.
The right candidate can expect a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Individuals interested in this position should send their resume and cover letter by email to Dale Lyle, Way to Go Consulting Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed as early as October 24th, however the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is located. Start date is negotiable.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.