We are seeking a graduate of the University of Manitoba Continuing Education Division Certificate Program for Municipal Administrators, or equivalent education, with a minimum of 5 years experience in municipal administration. Incumbent will be a strong team builder and have demonstrated leadership, supervisory, and conflict resolution skills and will be able to deal effectively with the public. An in-depth working knowledge of operations, administration, financial management and reporting, including budget preparation is required. Working knowledge of Municipal and Provincial legislation is required along with experience in municipal software programs and Microsoft Office products.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public, employees and external stakeholders;
• Ability to manage and direct employees of the municipality including those in Public Works and Recreation
• Ability to problem solve and possess analytical skills;
• Ability to develop, interpret and administer agreements, statutes and by-laws;
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast paced office environment.
Please provide a detailed Resume, salary expectations and 3 references and copies of applicable certificates/diplomas along with a current Criminal Background Check.