Located just 45 minutes driving distance northwest of the City of Regina, the Rural Municipality of McKillop No. 220 (RM) is a diverse, scenic community with a reported 1800 ratepayers. The RM consists of five full townships and four partial townships along with 945 subdivided residential lots found in 20 resort communities located along the east shore of Last Mountain Lake. The 20 resort communities are comprised of 9 Organized Hamlets and 11 Unorganized Hamlets. The RM owns and operates a sewage lagoon, several water distribution systems and community wells and is a member of the Regional Landfill. The RM is now seeking a visionary and authentic leader as:
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
As the new CAO, you are a respected leader, a strong consensus builder and an exceptional communicator, operating with a high degree of credibility and transparency. You are known for your municipal administration expertise, service delivery excellence and financial management.
Working with the Reeve, Council, and staff, you will contribute energy, ideas and direction aimed at improving the RM by connecting vision with strategy. You will lead municipal operations, be visible in the community, ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services and provide sage advice to Council to inform their decision making. You have led municipal organizations reputed to be fiscally responsible, sustainable, accountable and progressive. You are held in high regard by the elected officials, staff and stakeholders in those communities where you have served.
You are an accomplished professional municipal administrator who enjoys a dynamic environment and thrives on complexity and challenges. You bring calm reason, sound rationale and thorough research in support of your recommendations and are comfortable in dialogue and discussions with Council and ratepayers about the impacts and implications for the Municipality.
Specifically, you possess:
• thorough knowledge of legislation and policies that affect local government, including The Municipalities Act, The Planning and Development Act 2007;
• Rural or Urban Class “A” Certificate of qualification with preference given to applicants possessing a degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Public Administration or a related field;
• several years experience in administration of rural and/or urban municipalities;
• strong skills in public relations, policy writing, management of capital projects and human resources; and
• experience in Microsoft Office and general computer applications is essential with knowledge of Munisoft municipal software considered an asset.
The RM of McKillop, Village of Bulyea and neighbouring Town of Strasbourg are home to the full range of amenities including a K-12 school, recreation facilities, hockey and curling rinks, health centre and medical clinic, long term care facility, banking, insurance, grocery stores, protective services, several arts & cultural groups/venues, and much more. The RM is open to the CAO residing in the community or within commuting distance.