The Town of Gillam seeking a visionary and innovative leader to work closely with the Mayor and Council of Gillam. The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for the overall administrative management of Gillam in accordance with the plans, objectives, programs policies and by-laws established by Gillam.
Our client, the Town of Gillam, Manitoba, is seeking a Chief Administrative Officer to lead their administrative and financial programs and initiatives.
The Town of Gillam is located between Thompson and Churchill on the Hudson Bay Railway line, and has approximately 1,200 residents, many of which are employed by Manitoba Hydro at three of Manitoba’s largest hydro dams located within Gillam’s boundaries.
This remote region is dotted with thousands of untouched lakes and streams, and numerous lodges and fly-in outposts are attractions for hunters, fishers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Our client is seeking a visionary and innovative leader to work closely with the Mayor and Council of Gillam. The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for the overall administrative management of Gillam in accordance with the plans, objectives, programs policies and by-laws established by Gillam. The CAO acts as the principal advisor to Council and is responsible for ensuring that Council is informed on their legislative responsibilities and authority as well as any other relevant information necessary for them to make decisions on municipal matters.
As the successful candidate, you have leadership experience in a municipal setting that includes an in-depth understanding and ability to interpret municipal laws and policies as well as the ability to effectively communicate their intent to citizens, clients and personnel.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled leader in municipal finance and administration with a true appreciation for northern living and the outdoors.
Visit https://bit.ly/Gillam-CAO for more information!
• 7-10 years’ experience in a senior leadership role within a dynamic organization or community
• Post-secondary education in public administration or a combination of relevant training and education
• Experienced in municipal administration and financial management
• Working knowledge of the Municipal Act
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organizational development, and operations
• Experience leading in a culturally diverse environment
• Open and team-oriented leadership style
• Able to drive innovative problem-solving
• Strong relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience using MuniSoft or other accounting software is an asset
If you would like more information about this position, please visit https://bit.ly/Gillam-CAO or contact Lisa Cefali, Partner, Executive Search & Strategic Development, Legacy Bowes at (204) 934-8833.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to the Town of Gillam in the role of Chief Administrative Officer, please submit your resume in confidence to Lisa.Cefali@legacybowes.com quoting #203157.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020