The Chief Administrative Officer is the administrative head of the Rural Municipality of Elton (Elton) and must be knowledgeable of and act in accordance with the Municipal Act and its regulations, including performing all responsibilities outlined in the Act.
The Chief Administrative Officer manages the human resources within Elton to promote effective employee relations and to ensure the policies and procedures are consistently applied. In conjunction with Council, responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Elton Municipal Office is located in Forrest, MB.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Enrolled in or a Graduate of the Certificate Program for Manitoba Municipal Administrators.
• Background in and understanding of municipal government operations and accounting.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent minimum.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• The ability to function as a team player.
• Strong judgment in decision-making.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
• Familiarity with financial accounting software (preferably municipal accounting).
For a full Job Description please visit our website’s homepage at www.elton.ca.
Written applications only, marked “Chief Administrative Officer”, containing a full resume including qualifications, three references and wage expectations can be submitted by email to email@example.com; by fax 204-725-1865; or delivered to the Elton Municipal Office at Forrest MB.
Applications will be reviewed as early as August 6th, 2020; however, the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is located.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Application Deadline: August 6, 2020