Assistant Chief Administrative Officer Opportunity
The Town of Swan River is accepting applications for the position of Assistant CAO.
Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
– Graduate of the MMAA Certificate Program is highly desirable;
– Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all office personnel and personnel in all departments;
– Good communication skills, courteous, ability to deal with public;
– Ability to assume the responsibility of the CAO in his absence;
– Knowledge of the Municipal Act and other legislation and requirements;
– Have a constant improvement attitude and a positive disposition;
– Able to directly supervise and partner with in-house staff.
Typical duties include:
– Carry out projects and assist the CAO in forwarding the strategic goals of the Town;
– Assists the CAO in managing interactions with stakeholder groups and effectively managing operational issues;
– Assists with the preparation and submission of applicable reports and recommendations to Council, and others;
– Acts on issues presented by internal and external clients as directed by the CAO;
– Various other duties as assigned.
Salary Negotiable $50k – $60k, plus benefits, plus pension
Regular office hours are 35 hour/week Mon-Fri.
This position does require occasional attendance at meetings in the evenings.
Resumes and Cover Letters will be received in person, or by email, at the municipal office until:
4:30 pm on Wednesday, November 20th, 2019
Only those applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.