Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the RM of St. Clements is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Chief Administrative Officer. As a key member of the Municipality Management Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of administrative duties related to the operation of the Municipality.
- Effectively manages a wide variety of administrative and operation functions to ensure the provision of effective and efficient administrative services to management, and as needed, to Council. Responsible for Administrative department budget preparation and administration.
- Ensures appropriate information technology services are in place and manages and maintains the RM’s electronic records.
- Responsible and accountable for legislative and compliance services and requirements for the RM including development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures to ensure RM compliance with all current legislation.
- Support the CAO in the development of Council agenda, attends Council and/or committee meetings, prepares minutes and ensures appropriate follow-up. Supports the CAO and Council with the development or revision of Municipal administrative or operational policies and by-laws.
- Responsible for the management and supervision of Administrative Department staff, including preparation of job descriptions, staffing and performance management. Ensure the development and implementation of appropriate Municipality Human Resource practices, policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A post-secondary education encompassing business administration or public administration is preferred. Completion of the Certificate in Manitoba Municipal administration (CMMA) would be a definite asset.
- Related management, administrative and financial experience preferably in the public sector is required.
- Municipal management and administration experience would be a definite asset.
- Demonstrated effective administrative, organizational and management skills.
- Experience working with boards, and knowledge of effective board/council governance.
- Experience in developing and implementing policy and procedures.
- Broad understanding of municipal government processes and legislation
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in strategic and operational planning would be an asset
- Experience working with capital and operating budgets would be an asset.
An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
This is a full-time position starting mid to late March 2021. The RM offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Resumes, including a cover letter can be sent to the attention of Deepak Joshi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as early as February 25, 2021 however the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is located.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.