The RM of Whitehead is seeking applications for the position of Assistant CAO. Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the successful candidate will provide direct administrative and management support to the Chief Administrative Officer and will be responsible for various administrative duties related to the operation of the Municipality.
• Wide variety of administrative tasks including correspondence, reports, contracts, tenders, minutes, and agendas
• Active involvement in yearly budget preparation, monthly financial statements and, capital planning
• Responding to public inquiries regarding municipal policies and operations
• Maintaining files related to Planning, Development, Subdivisions, Conditional Use and Variations as well as coordinating and scheduling Public Hearings
• Assist with administrative oversite of Fire Department, Municipal Waste Site and Whitehead Utility
• Assisting with funding and grant applications
• Complete necessary reports and keep accurate public records
• Researching and updating municipal bylaws and policies
• Draft correspondence and other communication
• Perform other duties as they arise regarding municipal services and obligations
• Related experience in municipal administration would be an asset
• Completion of the Certificate in Manitoba Municipal Administration (CMMA) will be considered an asset
• Strong administrative, organizational and management skills
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and effectively in a small team environment
• Experience working with development plans and zoning by-laws
• Familiarity with MuniSoft and MS Office Computer Software such as Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience working with capital and operating budgets, and ability to monitor and control spending within an approved budget
• Broad understanding of municipal government processes and legislation
This is a full-time position. Expected start date is early 2021. The RM offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Resumes including 3 references can be sent to the email address, fax number or mailing address as noted below.
Position will stay open until filled.
We thank all applicants who apply for this position but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.