The Rural Municipality of Macdonald is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Building Inspector. This is a permanent full-time position. The Assistant Building Inspector is responsible for reviewing residential and commercial building plans, performing inspections and issuing building permits to comply with applicable by-laws, codes and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Review building plans for compliance with the Manitoba Building Code (2011), Manitoba Plumbing Code (2010), the Manitoba Fire Code (2010), Building By-Law or other relevant by-laws or regulations.
• Issuance of Part 9 Building Permits and Development Permits.
• Perform necessary inspections to ensure compliance with the Manitoba Building Code and maintain inspection reports.
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Construction trades certificate (Red Seal) or equivalent years of experience.
• Successful completion of Part 9 Building Inspector Certification Courses or willing and capable of obtaining the certification.
• A Certified Building Code Official (transcript required) or must be willing and capable of obtaining this certification.
• Knowledge of building construction methods and materials related to building codes and legislation.
• Valid Manitoba Driver’s Licence.
• Familiarity with Development Plans, Zoning By-Laws, The Planning Act, The Municipal Act and FIPPA would be considered an asset.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Ability to work effectively with the general public, contractors and trades people while ensuring compliance with the Manitoba Building Code.
• Effective interpersonal skills both verbal and written is required.
This position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.
We thank all that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Municipality offers a competitive salary including a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, proof of qualifications along with three references to:
RM of Macdonald
“Assistant Building Inspector Position”
PO Box 100
Sanford, MB R0G 2J0
Application Deadline: Open until filled