Under the direction of the CAO and in collaboration with the Operations Manager, the Asset Management & Finance Assistant will be responsible for; creating and maintaining the RM’s asset management policy, supporting the creation of an Asset Management Inventory, guiding asset management initiatives, working with the CAO to create and evolve the RM’s Asset Management framework and supporting RM finance systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain the RM’s asset management policy development by;
o Gathering information and data as required
o Collecting input from managers/stakeholders
o Drafting, submitting and updating as required the RM’s Asset Management Policy
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Background in and strong practical understanding of asset management principles and practices.
• Experience in finance management and financial processes.
• Excellent presentation, communication (written and verbal) and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to integrate new and challenging issues into existing areas of work, including through educating, supporting and facilitating others.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines. A self-starter with the ability to work where necessary to short deadlines.
Credentials and Experience:
• Post-secondary bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance.
• A minimum of three years successful asset management experience.
• Successfully completed courses in Asset Management considered an asset.
• Membership in the Canadian Network of Asset Managers considered an asset.
• Work experience with government considered an asset.
• Experience with project management and implementing new initiatives (including planning, costing, implementation strategies, and evaluation).
• Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Screening for this position may begin as early as April 11, 2019. However the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Submit resume and cover letter in confidence marked - APPLICATION – ASSET MANAGEMENT & FINANCE POSITION
Attention Rhonda Tone
R.M. of East St. Paul
Unit #1 – 3021 Bird’s Hill Road
East St. Paul, MB R2E 1A7
Application Deadline: Open until filled