To provide excellent customer service and have exemplary interpersonal, organizational and communicational skills. You will need to be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task in a customer service environment. Duties will include but not limited to: Coordinate facility rentals, clerical support, including data entry and other tasks as assigned; answering inquiries and providing information to the public about the Sun Gro Centre, Splash Aquatic Centre, athletic fields and parks.
The position will oversee the day to day operations of the Canteen including but not limited to ordering products, checking inventory, scheduling staff, preparing deposits. Complete other duties as assigned. Maintain a clean and organized work area. Some custodial duties may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To manage all financial proceedings for the Department including but not limited to:
• Maintaining an adequate record of deposits
• Accepting payments of accounts
• Issuing receipts
• Balancing cash receipts
• Maintain petty cash account
• Maintaining an accurate Purchase Order System
• Confirming delivery of all supplies and materials (Canteen)
• Maintaining an adequate records of sales (Canteen)
• Maintaining inventory records (Canteen)
• Maintain financial records of all transactions
2. To receive Departmental and facility phone calls/emails/correspondence/facility bookings.
3. To perform all correspondence, forms and facility bookings.
4. To ensure that facility schedules are completed, maintained and are circulated to proper staff and poster within the Facility.
5. To work with the Town’s financial officer in performing accounts receivable and payables.
6. To assist with the day to day operation of the food services at the Sun Gro Centre facility.
7. To assist with the Canteen operations.
8. To assist the Department in preparation for short and long-term planning for the operation of the Canteen.
9. To ensure work is performed in compliance with the Manitoba Health and Safety Act, regulations, and Town of Beausejour Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
10. Ordering of Office/Canteen supplies.
11. To maintain the Sun Gro Centre website and social media platforms.
12. To perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Post Secondary Diploma or equivalent in the Recreation field would be considered an asset.
• Valid Class 5 drivers licence in good standing.
• Standard First Aid/CPR/AED or willing to obtain.
• Food Handlers Certificate or willing to obtain.
- Proficient communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficient problem-solving skills.
• Proficient interpersonal skills, dealing with staff and patrons.
• Proficient in using Accounting Software/Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Publisher, and scheduling software such as Amelia.
- One (1) to two (2) years experience in customer service.
• At least two (2) years experience in office administration.
Tasks are repetitive and require alertness with some sensory demands and time pressure due to scheduled activities for short periods of time.
Physical efforts consist of sitting, standing, walking, lifting tasks
Health and Safety:
Ensures work is performed in compliance with the Manitoba Health and Safety Act, regulations, and Town of Beausejour Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
Sun Gro Centre, 360 Veterans Lane, Beausejour, Manitoba
Hours of Work:
• Flexible with 35 hours/week
• Attendance at meetings, training and workshops may be required.
• To be negotiated within the Town of Beausejour pay structure.
• Upon successful completion of a six (6) month probationary period employees are eligible benefits.
• Benefits include Pension and Disability, Health and Dental, Basic Life Coverage.
Public Contact Info:
Resumes will be accepted by the undersigned until a suitable candidate is found.