This session supports supervisors and manager that do not have an HR background or who are new to managing others by providing them with a primer of employer requirements and the role of managers in creating a strong and healthy workplace culture.
General functions of HR Management
– Overview of the HR Function,
– Best practices to become employers of choice,
– The benefits of policies and procedures, and using them well.
Key risks and challenges for small employers
– Knowing what you don’t know
– Finding the right information on relevant legislation
– Respectful Workplace complaints and accommodation
– Performance Management
– Building an employer brand