REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT.
Everyone has a collective role when it comes to risk, which includes identification and oversight of relevant risks affecting the organization. What role does Council play when developing a risk culture, strategy, or appetite? How does the organization come up with metrics to monitor and control the identified risks, and who is responsible when things go wrong?
This webinar will:
* Examine What is Risk Management and What are its Purposes;
* Define Key Terminology such as Risks, Hazards and Risk Tolerance;
* Help Attendees Consider the 4Cs – Costs, Consequences, Context and Choices;
* Review each Step of the Risk Management Process;
* Help Attendees to Practice Risk Identification, Risk Evaluation and Implementation of Risk Control Strategies;
* Increase Confidence to Develop a Risk Management Plan for Your Own Council.
Please note that all video cameras will be turned off during the entire webinar.
Due to the interactive nature of this webinar, participation is limited to 25 people. Registration fee is $110 plus GST per person.
Registration transfers will be accommodated. Cancellations will not be accepted. AMM will invoice following this event.
Priti Shah has been doing public speaking for more than 25 years and brings a diverse personal and professional background to her engaging and inspiring presentations. She is a lawyer, mediator, arbitrator, investigator and facilitator and operates PRAXIS Conflict Consulting in Winnipeg. She is widely known and highly respected for her work in the areas of dispute resolution, human rights and discrimination, harassment, governance and organizational development.
Priti has travelled to 68 countries and represented the Government of Canada and the Organization for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights in September 1998 as an observer of the parliamentary elections in Bosnia & Herzegovina. She is committed to international development and has completed eight Habitat builds. In May 2005, Priti was awarded the Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Contribution to Community from the Women Business Owners of Manitoba.
TECH TIPS: The session will take place using Adobe Connect which can be downloaded on your device without cost. Download instructions will be sent in advance of the training.
To watch an event on Livestream, please ensure you have the following:
– System Requirements: Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
– Supported mobile browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari (iOS), Android native browser (Samsung devices only)
– Adobe Flash Player: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
– Java: http://www.java.com/en/download/
– Internet Connection: 5-10mbps download speed is recommended. Check your connection at speedtest.net.